Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Oct 6, 2010

Walking

As many of you know, I have been walking a lot in the last year.  And why not?  It is easy, doesn't take a lot of equipment, can be done anywhere and is good for you.  Whether you just get out and walk 30 minutes each night or want to train to work up to something bigger, I highly recommend just do it.  A couple of years ago, I walked a 5 K (3.1) for the humane society.  This spring, I walked a 15 K (9.2 miles) for a rails to trails fundraiser.  After those accomplishments, I moved on to Half Marathons.  A year ago, if you had said that I would consider walking 13.1 miles, I would have laughed at you, but it just took a little time and planning. 

If you are going to walk distances, get a good pair of shoes.  I recommend Brooks, not only because they work well for me, but also because they are environmentally conscious. 

If you want more information on walking in general, walking for weight loss, or training for a half marathon, about.com is the website for you (Click on Walking above to go to the page).   The training schedule I used is on their website at http://walking.about.com/cs/marathontraining/l/blhalfmarathon.htm

So, find an event to get you motivated, register for the event and get moving.  Happy Trails.

No comments :

Post a Comment