Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 20, 2011

Garlic Scapes

Garlic scapes are the green shoots that form on the growing bulb of garlic.  You can pull the whole bulb while it is small - for spring garlic - or you can just use the green stalk.  Either option you use, you can make wonderful garlic mashed potatoes.

Boil potatoes until soft, drain and put into a bowl.  Chop up the scapes or the entire spring garlic bulb and sautee in butter.  Add to potatoes in the bowl with butter to taste.  Whip with a mixer or mash with a potato masher until desired consistancy. 

No comments :

Post a Comment