Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 2, 2013

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake

My friend wanted a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting for her birthday, so I made this cake from the hershey's website.  It was a hit.  I made only minor changes, reflected below, but the original can be found at the provided website link.


Ingredients

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1/4 cup Special Dark Cocoa 
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • large eggs
  • 1 cup 1% milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour on 13 x 9 pan.
  2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoas, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
     
  3. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). 
  4. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  5. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. 

No comments :

Post a Comment