Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Nov 20, 2012

For my Niece - Buckeyes

My poor, sheltered niece has never heard of buckeyes (aka buckeye candy).  All the years I have been making this wonderful chocolate/peanut butter goodness and she has yet to partake.  Every Thanksgiving alone is a double or even triple batch.  So, here are pictures and an recipe if she gets really ambitious.  :)








  1 Lb pkg. powdered sugar, sifted                                      1 Tsp vanilla
  18 Oz Jif peanut butter                                                      1/2 Tsp salt
  1/2 Cup butter, softened                                                    1 Lb Chocolate Wafers For Melting

Blend sugar, peanut butter, margarine, salt and vanilla until smooth. Shape into 1 inch balls. Melt chocolate top of double boiler. Dip balls in chocolate mixture with toothpick until 3/4 covered. Place on waxed paper until set. Cover over hole until smooth.

No comments :

Post a Comment