Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Nov 11, 2012

Week 44 - 44.42

It is official, I have arrived in Montana.  Due to my circuitous route, I am afraid I may not meet my goal, but who says I have to stop?

From one of my favorite sites, 50States.com, you can learn the following about Montana and much more:

  • Montana has the largest migratory elk herd in the nation.  
  • The average square mile of land contains 1.4 elk, 1.4 pronghorn antelope, and 3.3 deer. 
  • The Freezeout Lake Wildlife Management Area contains as many as 300,000 snow geese and 10,000 tundra swans during migration.  
  • The Montana Yogo Sapphire is the only North American gem to be included in the Crown Jewels of England. 
  • The moose, now numbering over 8,000 in Montana, was thought to be extinct in the Rockies south of Canada in the 1900s.
  •  Montana has the largest grizzly bear population in the lower 48 states. 
  • Buffalo in the wild can still be viewed at the National Bison Range in Moiese, south of Flathead Lake and west of the Mission Mountains.  
  • In Montana the elk, deer and antelope populations outnumber the humans.


No comments :

Post a Comment