Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 5, 2020

Pierogi, Sausage and Broccoli Skillet

Hubby made sausage, so I made dinner.  I used his homemade chorizo to make this recipe, but you can use whatever sausage you like.  Same with the pierogi, you use what you like.  For this recipe, and most of my recipes, I really like the better than bouillon products.  I usually choose the low sodium option, when available



Olive Oil
Mini Pierogi - your choice, approx. 12 Ounces
1/2 cup water
1/2 pound sausage of your choice - casings removed
1/4 to 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1 Pound Broccoli, cut in small pieces (if using frozen, please thaw first)
1 tsp Roasted Garlic Better than Bouillon
1 cup hot water
2 tbl grated Pecorino Romano

Put non stick pan on stove over medium high heat.  Add 2 Tbl Olive oil.  Arrange the pierogi flat side down (they will be snug and may overlap).  Cook until bottoms just begin to brown.  Add 1/2 cup water and simmer until water has completely evaporated.  Lower heat to medium and continue to cook, turning as necessary to ensure both sides are browned.  Remove to a large serving bowl.

If necessary, add a little more oil to the pan and add the sausage.  Stir and break it up into bite size pieces until evenly browned.  Add the pepper flakes, broccoli and broth, scraping the bottom of the pan.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half and the broccoli is tender.

Pour over the pierogis and toss to combine.  Top with more cheese as desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment