Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 6, 2011

Breakfast Burritos

The first thing I did this year when I had my sausage made was to make these burritos.  So I could enjoy them every day, I prepared everything except the eggs and put it in a bowl and, voila, every morning I could pull out 1/6, heat it up, add an egg and have a fresh tortilla.  Fabulous!


  3/4 Cup Potato                                                                        6 Flour Tortillas
  12 Ounce Breakfast Sausage                                                   1 C Jack Cheese, Shredded
  1 Tsp Chili Powder                                                                  Tomato, Optional
  1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper                                                          Salsa, Optional
  6 Eggs                                                                                    Sour Cream, Optional

Peel (if desired) and dice potato then cook until tender.  When cool, peel and cut into cubes. Brown sausage in frying pan then add the chili powder and cayenne pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain and discard fat. Add cubed, cooked potato. Beat eggs and add to pan. Stir until eggs are set. Spoon mixture into center of warmed tortilla, top with shredded cheese, and roll up tortilla to  enclose mixture. For an authentic Mexican touch, serve topped with tomato, sour cream and salsa.

Per Burrito, without optional ingredients: 317 Cal (45% from Fat, 21% from Protein, 33% from Carb); 17 g Protein; 16 g Tot Fat; 7 g Sat Fat; 6 g Mono Fat; 26 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 1 g Sugar; 253 mg Calcium; 3 mg Iron; 421 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment