Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 9, 2011

Woodland Stew

After processing Hubby's deer this year, I wanted to use some of the stew chunks I had cut.  I made this stew and it was wonderful.  If you don't have venison, use beef.  I soaked the venison in buttermilk for a day to pull some of the gamy flavor out. 


  8 Ounce Bacon                                                                     15.5 Ounce Navy Beans, Drained And
  3 Lb Venison                                                                           -Rinsed
  2 Tbl Leek, Minced                                                               15.5 Ounce Kidney Beans, Drained
  2 Tbl Garlic, Minced                                                                -And Rinsed
  2 Tbl Red Wine Vinegar                                                        15.5 Ounce Black Beans, Drained
  28 Ounce Diced Tomatoes                                                      -And Rinsed
  28 Ounce Tomato Sauce                                                        3 Tbl Chili Powder

Cut venison into 1 inch pieces.  In a 6 quart Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp.  Remove from pan and crumble.  In bacon drippings, brown the venison in batches.  When all venison is browned, remove from pan and sauté the leek and garlic.  Return the meats to the pan and stir in all other ingredients.  Simmer for 1 to 2 hours until the venison is tender.

No comments :

Post a Comment