Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 9, 2014

Cabbage Salad

I recently received a head of Napa Cabbage with the CSA.  I had recently made cole slaw, so I was looking for something different.  The CSA provided a recipe for Chinese Cabbage Salad, but I did not have everything on hand.  This is what resulted after some modification.



1 Stick Butter
2 Pkg Ramen Noodles
2.25 Ounces of Pine Nuts
1/2 Cup Sesame Seeds
1 Head Napa Cabbage
1 Spring Onion
Dressing:
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1.5 Tsp Soy Sauce

Melt butter into a large pan.  Break noodles into small pieces and add to melted butter - stir until browned.


Turn off heat and add sesame seeds and pine nuts, stir.

Pour into a large bowl and cool.  When cool, add cabbage and onion, stir well.  Put Dressing ingredients into a container with a tight lid, shake vigorously until combined, pour over cabbage when ready to serve.



No comments :

Post a Comment