Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 10, 2014

WaterDog Restoration

After the long winter, our decks looked worse for the wear.  The old stain was wearing thin in places, green patches sprouted in the damper corners, water no longer beaded and there were chips from attempting to remove ice.

We had stained the deck ourselves when it was built and I vowed never again.  This time, we found WaterDog Restoration.  I requested a quote on their website and had a call back within one business day to schedule a time for an estimate.  The owner of the company came out and met with me.  I was impressed by the detail he took to explain the conditioners they use to prepare the wood for staining as well as the care they take to test the wood with a hygrometer to ensure that it is not to wet to properly accept the stain.  We had an e-mailed estimate the same day.  Once the proposal was accepted, they gave us a schedule for when they estimated that they would be out to pressure wash the deck and indicated that the staining afterward would depend on the weather.  After the pressure washing, the wood looked new.

Then it rained.  Fairly Regularly.  Pressure washing occurred as indicated, but staining took a couple of weeks to begin because the wood just wasn't getting dry enough.  It was worth the wait.  The staining was done by hand and looks beautiful.  As I write this, it is raining yet again, and the deck are once again beading.  So, for all of your Central Pennsylvania pressure washing needs, call WaterDog Restoration.  You'll be glad you did.



No comments :

Post a Comment