Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 18, 2014

Deep Dish Blueberry Pie

Hubby asked for Shepherd's pie for Father's Day.  He did not ask for Blueberry, but I listen, and he had mentioned that he was hungry for one the week before, so that is what he got.  A Deep Dish Blueberry Lime Pie.  That's it - no cinnamon, nutmeg, spices, etc.  I used a mix of frozen and fresh blueberries - the frozen were thawed and thoroughly drained


You'll Need:

9 Inch Deep Dish Pie Plate
2 Pie Crusts
2 Tbl Butter
2 Tbl Sugar
6 Cups Blueberries
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Cake Flour
1 1/2 Tbl Lime Juice

Heat oven to 425 degrees.

Place one crust in the bottom of the pan.  Rub with 2 Tbl Butter then sprinkle with sugar, emptying out excess.  Place in refrigerator.

In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (you can use AP flour if you do not have Cake Flour).  Pour into chilled crust and top with second crust - either venting or doing lattice, as pictured.

Place in bottom third of oven and bake for about 40 minutes.



No comments :

Post a Comment