Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 3, 2014

Smith Family Potato Salad

I recently attended a bridal shower for my niece.  There was homemade potato salad there and it was wonderful.  Thankfully, her mother in law was willing to share the recipe, and now I share it with you.  If you are not a fan of egg, this is not for you.  Even without the egg on top, it has an egg flavor.
The recipe indicates that she used Hellman's mayonnaise, I used Dukes.  Still wonderful, so use what you prefer.  Type of mustard is not specified, I used horseradish mustard.

2 Large Eggs
1 Tbl Mustard
2 Tbl Flour
6 Tbl Sugar
3/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Vinegar (I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
1 Tsp Salt
2 Cups Mayonnaise

5 - 6 Large Potatoes Cut, Cooked and Cooled
-----OR-----
4 Cups (Dry Measure) macaroni - Cooked
-----OR-----
A mix of the above measurement of potato and macaroni.

Blend the mustard and eggs in a small pan.  

Add flour, sugar, water, vinegar and salt.  

Cook until smooth and cool completely.  Add mayonnaise.

Add macaroni, potatoes - whatever you choose.

If desired, add 5 hard boiled eggs on top.

No comments :

Post a Comment