Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 29, 2014

Pretzels, Beer Mustard and Chicken

I found Beer Mustard at our local grocer.  I had chicken breast on hand, and pretzels.  SOOOO - split the breast in half (butterfly style) coated them, browned and baked them.  YUM.

You'll need -

2 large chicken breast, butterflied completely in half.
2 Tbl Cup Beer Mustard - I used Sierra Nevada Porter and Spicy Brown Mustard, you can use whichever you like, they have 3.
1 cup crushed pretzels placed in a large, shallow bowl.
2 Tbl Butter

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Melt 1 Tbl butter in a pan large enough to hold 2 pieces of chicken.

Place 1/2 Tbl of mustard on one side of the chicken, rub to coat.  Place mustard side down in pretzels.

Rub top with another 1/2 Tbl mustard, flip and coat with pretzels.  Repeat with a second piece of chicken.  Place both in hot, buttered pan.

Cook 2 minutes per side and then placing in an oven safe pan. Repeat with remaining 2 pieces of chicken.  Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until 165 degrees.

No comments :

Post a Comment