Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 1, 2014

Poultry in Dijon Sauce

Hubby went Pheasant hunting on New Year's Eve day, so I found myself looking for ways to use the pheasant.  This is the first of two recipes to be posted, it is our favorite.  No pheasant?  No problem - this would go great with any poultry.  Serve this over cooked noodles.


2    Pheasant Breast Halves
1/4 t  Salt
1/4 t  Pepper
1 T  Olive Oil

1 T  Salted Butter
1 t  Leek,Minced
1 tsp Garlic,Minced
1/2 c  Chicken Stock
2 T  Lemon Juice
3 T  Dijon Mustard
3/4 t  Dried Marjoram

Put butter and oil into a pan and heat until butter is melted.  
Sprinkle one side of the pheasant with 1/2 of the salt and pepper - place in pan and cook for 3 minutes.  

Put remaining salt and pepper on pheasant and turn, cook other side three minutes.  Add onion and leek to the pan, cook until fragrant.  

Add stock, juice, mustard and marjoram.


Stir to combine.  

Cover and cook about 15 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment