Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Feb 15, 2014

Infused Water

Recently, I participated in an online discussion with friends looking for options other than soda.  One of the discussions lead to how to flavor water.  We talked about fruit, flavor packets, soda streams....but nobody mentioned infusion pitchers.  I had heard Tory Johnson talk about them on GMA and I wondered if they could really make a difference.  How is it any different than adding fruit to a glass?  I didn't go looking, but then I was at a kitchen store that was going out of business and they had an infusion pitcher on sale.  I took a chance.



My assessment?  It really does make a difference.  I cut up fruit, squeeze it slightly, fill the infuser then add water.  I will add water up to three days.  It encourages me to drink not only because having a flavor is a nice difference but also because I don't want to waste the fruit.  Options for additives?  I have used grapefruit, limes, oranges.  I have added three slices of cucumber to one grapefruit because I heard that it is good for you.  I thought the grapefruit would overpower the cucumber (it is not one of my favorites).  Boy, was I wrong! All I could taste was cucumber, so I won't do that again.  I want to try grapes, apples and various berries, as well.  The insert with the pitcher also said it is good for making sangria.  So, find a pitcher, give it a try.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments :

Post a Comment