Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 3, 2014

Toasted Oatmeal

Recently, while reading a magazine, I saw an ad that included an advertisement for toasted oatmeal, posted by Quaker.  It looked good, mostly.  I modified the recipe to meet my needs (and the contents of my cupboard) and came up with this.

2 1/4 c  Oats
3/4 c  Nuts
1/3 c  Light Brown Sugar
1 T  Cinnamon
Dried Fruit
Milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Chop nuts fine. Mix with oats, spread into a shallow baking pan.  


Put in oven until oats are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.Remove from oven, cool completely in pan.  Add brown sugar and cinnamon.

Stir.  Store in a tight container.

When ready to serve:  
Mix 1/3 cup oatmeal mixture with 2/3 cup water.  Microwave on 50% power
for 8 minutes.  Stir in dried fruit and milk, enjoy.

No comments :

Post a Comment