Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 16, 2013

Dark Chocolate Coconut Cookies

Yesterday was National Chocolate Chip Cookie day, so I just HAD to bake.  We also currently have remodeling going on, and Hubby reminded me that I had yet to bake for those working on my house, so baking commenced.  I raided my cupboard and decided that dark chocolate, coconut and almond sounded like a pretty good mix for a cookie and I was right, if I do say so myself.  Here they are.



1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup coconut powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup flaked coconut
2 tsp almond extract
14 ounces chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Cream together butter and sugars.


Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add flour, coconut powder, salt, soda, and vanilla - mix until just blended.  Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.

Scoop onto cookie sheets lined with a silicone mat or non stick foil, about 1 inch apart.


Bake for about 11 minutes until your desired doneness.




No comments :

Post a Comment