Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 22, 2013

Potato Chip Cookies



First, they were for Christmas.  Then, they went to the beach - three times.  Now, they were made to thank the gentlemen that put my bathroom back together.  One great recipe, lots of uses.  I like to use a very crunch chip, like Hartley's or Martin's.  Don't live in Central Pennsylvania?  Use a kettle cooked chip.  I usually use walnuts, but pecans and macadamia nuts work well.

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups potato chips, slightly crushed
1 cup nuts, chopped.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together butter and sugars.


Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Stir together flour, salt and soda.  Add to butter mixture and mix until well combined.
Fold in chips and nuts.

Scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat or non stick foil.  Bake for 12 minutes.




No comments :

Post a Comment