Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 30, 2013

Grill Roasted Chicken - Step 1 - Peach Tea Chicken Brine

The purchase of the big green egg led to the making of our first roasted chicken.  First step - brine the chicken.  Brining the chicken adds moisture, flavor and helps prevent the chicken from drying out during cooking.

In a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil.  When boiling, turn off heat and add two peach tea teabags.  I like to use Harney and Sons Peach tea - make great sun tea, too.



When tea is well steeped, remove tea bags.  Stir in 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup kosher salt until dissolved.

Cool tea completely.

While cooling, prepare your chicken.  Remove giblets and rinse.  Place in a very large bowl.  When tea is cool, pour over chicken. 

Add enough cold water to cover the chicken.  Cover and let sit at least 8 hours.



No comments :

Post a Comment