Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 18, 2020

Ripe Bananas? Option 1 - Bread

I try to purchase only the number of bananas I think will get eaten.  However, best intentions aside, I sometimes miss the mark.  So ripe bananas - option 1 - banana bread (or bake in muffin tins).  I like banana bread, but it is sometimes too sweet, but not this one.



1 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Butter, softened
2 Large Eggs
1 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Water
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bottom only of a 9 inch bread pan, set aside.

Cream together sugar and butter until light in color.  Add eggs, one at a time, until well blended.  Add bananas and water, mix well.  Stir in remaining ingredients, except coconut, until just moistened.  Add coconut, fold in and then pour into the pan.  Bake for about 60 minutes - a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.  Cool in pan for 5 minutes then loosen from sides of pan and then turn onto a cooling rack.  Cool Completely before slicing.

No comments :

Post a Comment