Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 27, 2020

Pudding Mix

During quarantine, I purchased a box from a local restaurant that included a gallon of milk,  We don't go through milk very fast, so I found myself with not only bananas to use up, but milk.  I pulled out my trusty Amish cookbook and found a Pudding Mix recipe.  You read that right - Pudding Mix.  When you make pudding, if you want to avoid the skin on top, push plastic wrap onto the top.

1/2 Cup Corn Starch
1 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 Tsp Salt

Mix well and store in an air tight container.

Okay, that is the mix, now what about the milk????

Time to make pudding!



Vanilla Pudding
3/4 Cup Pudding Mix
2 Eggs, Beaten
2 Tbl Butter
3 Cups Milk
2 Tsp Vanilla

Heat 2 cups milk and butter over medium heat until almost boiling.  While heating, stir together the remaining milk, pudding mix, eggs and vanilla.  When milk is ready, whisk in the pudding mix and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly.

Remove from heat and cool.  Refrigerate.

Chocolate Pudding
3/4 Cup Pudding Mix
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs, Beaten
2 Tbl Butter
5 Tbl Cocoa Powder
3 Cups Milk
2 Tsp Vanilla

Heat 2 cups milk and butter over medium heat until almost boiling.  While heating, stir together the remaining milk, pudding mix, Cocoa, eggs and vanilla.  When milk is ready, whisk in the pudding mix and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly.

Remove from heat and cool.  Refrigerate.

No comments :

Post a Comment