Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Nov 30, 2012

Aunt Bev's Corn Casserole

  At Thanksgiving, Aunt Bev was telling us about her corn casserole.  It sounded delightful and she sent it to us this week, so I am sharing it with you.  Her note included instructions for freezing - put wax paper sheets between slices and wrap securely before freezing.  

1/2 cup butter
17 oz whole corn with liquid
17 oz creamed corn
8.5 oz box Jiffy corn bread mix
2 eggs, slightly beaten
8 oz sour cream
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Put in a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until firm.  Cool slightly before cutting into squares.  Serves 12, freezes well.

No comments :

Post a Comment