Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 8, 2012

BeBop'n Around

When walking Abby, I used to use just a collar and she was good about not pulling - usually.  However, when she saw a squirrel, all bets were off.  She would pull me as hard as she could to catch that evil squirrel - often choking herself in the process.  Until we can resolve this issue, I wanted another option that would help keep her safe.  Enter BeBop USA.







This website has lots of options for pet safety and a variety of harnesses that come in an excellent variety of colors and patterns.  I selected a step in harness, used the size chart to select a size and placed my order.  The e-mail communication when it was placed and when it was shipped were excellent.  In addition, the order was placed not long after Hurricane Sandy and I received an e-mail from the company to see how we fared from the storm.  It was a very nice personal touch.

Since it was something new, Abby wanted nothing to do with her new harness.  It is called a step in, but since that requires action on her part, I have to say it is just a harness.  I have to lift her paw, put it in the hole then keep the harness elevated until I pick up her other paw.  She refuses to put the first paw down until I start lifting the second one.  The second one remains elevated until I clip the harness.  Once on, she is just peachy and ready to go.  I have walked her around the neighborhood, on rail-to-trail paths, on the Appalachian Trail and many other places with no issues, and no rubbing (pictures below).  The harness itself is well made with sturdy nylon and a plastic buckle.  However, the buckle is not a weak point because you clip the the leash to the harness using two D rings - on on either side of the buckle.  In this manner, if there is any pulling, it is on the harness and not on the one plastic piece. 

Try the BeBop USA site - www.bebopusa.com - you will like it.




No comments :

Post a Comment