Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 5, 2012

Chili - Who Knew?

What I learned from Hubby recently is this - if I say I am making Chili, it is supposed to be red and made with Kidney Beans.  Unless, of course, it is White Chicken Chili.  Otherwise, if I say chili, he gets hungry for red kidney bean chili.  So, I wanted to make a meatless chili, this is what I came up with.

1 Tbl Garlic, minced
1 Tbl Olive Oil
29 Ounce Tomato Sauce
30 Ounce Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
15 Ounce Canellini Beans, rinsed and drained
14.5 Ounce Diced Tomatoes
1 Tbl Cumin
1 Tbl Chili Powder
1/2 Tbl Ancho Chili Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Oregano
3/4 Tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp Red Pepper

In a 4 quart pot, heat olive oil and cook garlic until fragrant.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low for at least an hour.  Goes great with cornbread - tryandlike.blogspot.com/2011/11/cornbread.html


No comments :

Post a Comment