Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 8, 2012

Fudge - Dorothy Thomas

Hubby was very excited when I told him I was making his grandmother's fudge.  I even had permission to add the pecans.  He usually doesn't like them, but he would eat them for his grandmother, so he said to use them.  The pecans are optional.  If you like, you can also substitute other nuts or coconut for the pecans.



  18 Ounce Semi Sweet Chocolate Bits                                      13 Ounce Evaporated Milk
  1/4 Tsp Salt                                                                              4 Cups Sugar
  1 Cup Butter                                                                            1 Cups Pecans
  7 Ounce Marshmallow Cream                                                 1 Tsp Vanilla

Grease a 13 x 9 pan, set aside.

Combine chocolate, salt, butter and marshmallow in a large bowl.  Set aside.

Combine milk and sugar in a sauce pan over moderate heat.   



Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Boil until it forms a soft ball in water - 232 degrees on a thermometer.  Pour hot mixture over chocolate mixture and blend well, beating slightly.   


Fold in vanilla and chopped nuts.   



Pour into pan and refrigerate until set.


No comments :

Post a Comment