Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 20, 2014

Pasta and Lots of Green

I had a perfect storm - Asparagus and Kale from my CSA, avocado from a friend and peas in the freezer - lots of green to mix up and enjoy.



8 Ounces Whole Grain Pasta (I used linguine)
1 Bunch Asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Cup Stemmed and Chopped Kale
1 Cup Frozen Peas
1 Avocado, peeled and seeded
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tbl Lemon Juice
1 Tbl Lime Juice
1/2 Tsp Cilantro
1/2 Tsp Tarragon
1 Tbl Fresh Basil, Chopped
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tbl Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Cook the pasta to package directions, adding the asparagus and Kale when there are 4 minutes remaining.  Add the peas when there are 2 minutes remaining.  Drain and return to the pan.

While pasta cooks, combine avocado olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, lime juice and herbs in a food processor and pulse until well combined.  Scrape bowl, add sour cream, and pulse again to combine.

When the pasta is done, add the avocado mixture to the pasta and stir.  Add salt and pepper.

No comments :

Post a Comment