Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 25, 2014

Pasta/Veg - Hot or Cold

Sometimes I need to throw together something to go with the grill.  During the summer, I have lots of veggies from my CSA.  I always have whole wheat pasta on hand, so this is my go to throw together side.  Served hot or cold, it is very tasty.  There are no quantities, you have to use what you need.  Want to make it a main dish?  add diced chicken.

Pasta
Vegetables (baby carrots, chopped peppers, spinach, asparagus - whatever you like).
Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper

Cook pasta to package directions.  Add vegetables to the pasta water at the appropriate cooking time. For example, if your pasta cooks for 11 minutes and you want to cook shelled peas, add them during the last two minutes.  When done, drain.

While cooking, heat olive oil in a small skillet.  Add Italian seasoning and cook until just fragrant.  Add oil to pasta/veg when drained.  Toss, salt and pepper to taste, enjoy.

No comments :

Post a Comment