Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Nov 5, 2014

Layered Pumpkin Bars

I have an abundance of pumpkin puree.  I smoked a turkey breast.  I thought a pumpkin dessert would  give it a nice fall feel but I didn't want to do pie - too close to Thanksgiving.  SOOO, dessert bars.  Whatever I had in my cupboard.  This is it.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line an 8 inch square pan with non stick foil OR regular foil lightly butter.

4 Ounces Butter
1 1/2 Cups Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
14 Ounce Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
1 Cup Coconut

In a medium bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.  Add the cookie crumb and stir until well combined.  Press into pan.  In the same bowl, combine the pumpkin, approximately half of the sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Stir to combined, pour evenly over the crumbs.

Sprinkle with chocolate chips then almonds then coconut.  Pour remaining milk over the top of all.  Bake approximately 40 minutes, until coconut is well toasted.

No comments :

Post a Comment