Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Nov 17, 2015

LHJ - Filbertines

I have been away - time to return to the Christmas cookies from Ladies Home Journal of Yesteryear.  This time, it is filbertines.  As indicated in the name, they are made with filberts (aka, hazelnuts).  Can't find them?  Try Nuts.com - I found them and candied cherries there.  Why candied cherries?  You'll See...

1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 1/3 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/8 Tsp Cardamom
1/2 Cup Filberts, finely chopped.

Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add egg and beat until well blended.  Beat in flour, baking soda and cardamom.  Chill for 1 hour.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line two cookie sheets with silicone mats OR non stick foil.  Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in chopped nuts.  Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.  Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool on wire racks.

No comments :

Post a Comment