Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Feb 15, 2020

Buttermilk


I make recipes that require buttermilk but rarely would I use a full container - even one as small as a quart.  I cannot say I enjoy drinking it with pepper, as did my parents.  What to do?

I learned of powdered buttermilk.  You can purchase it in the baking section of your local grocery store but remember to refrigerate it after opening.

When I use it, I read the recipe first.  If you mix the wet and dry ingredients separately, then I put the buttermilk powder with the dry ingredients and the associated water with the wet ingredients.

The brand I use is pictured below - I did not receive any compensation for sharing this brand.  


No comments :

Post a Comment