Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Feb 12, 2020

Egg Yolk Pound Cake

All of the angel food cake baking left me with many egg yolks - so pound cake it is.

10 to 12 egg yolks
3 Cups Flour
1 Tbl Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
2 Tsp flavor extract - I like Vanilla, Orange or Almond, or a combination
1 Cup cold water

Prepare a 12 cup bundt pan with non stick spray.  Set aside.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.

In a mixing bowl, beat the yolks until very fluffy and thick.  Gradually beat in sugar.  Once all in the bowl, scrape it, then beat on high for 2 minutes.

Reduce speed to low, add extract and cold water.  Scrap bowl, turn mixer to low again.  Gradually, but quickly, add flour mixture.  Mix only until blended.  Pour into a prepared pan.

Bake about 60 minutes or until golden brown and pick inserted in the thickest portion of the cake comes out dry.

Cool pan on rack for 15 minutes then remove the cake from the pan to the rack and cool completely.



No comments :

Post a Comment