Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 3, 2013

Best Ever Hot Chocolate OR What Helped Save Me from Hypothermia

Running into an almost freezing river on New Year's Day was an experience I will never forget.  Neither is wrapping my hands around a steaming mug of this hot chocolate immediately after layering on clothes.  The hot mug warmed my chilled hands nicely.  The Bourbon/Whiskey can be omitted, if you prefer.  I liked Buffalo Trace for this one - it is a slightly sweeter Bourbon that blends well with the chocolate.  If you prefer, you may use higher or lower fat milk and Half and Half.



  4 Cups 1% Milk, divided                                                         2 Tbl Low Fat Half And Half
  2 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Bits                                       4 Tbl Bourbon or Whiskey
  1/4 Cup sugar                                                                         

Combine 3 cups of the milk, chocolate and sugar in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, whisking frequently. Bring just to a bare simmer.  Watch carefully as it will want to boil over.

Whisk in remaining 1 cup milk, creamer and whiskey; cook just until steaming, but do not allow to simmer.

No comments :

Post a Comment