Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 19, 2013

Local Shopping Stop 3 - Tastemakers

My sister in law mentioned that she liked balsamic vinegars, so we found ourselves at Tastemakers.  This is a wonderful little shop full of different balsamic vinegars, olive oils and salts.  The best description is found at their website:

"Welcome to Tastemakers™, a brand a new oil and vinegar taphouse and tasting emporium created to provide Central Pennsylvania with the freshest, finest, and broadest selection of extra virgin, naturally flavored and fused olive oils from around the world; aged traditional and naturally flavored balsamic vinegars from Modena, Italy; specialty salts and blocks; other fine flavorings and gourmet accessories."

While there, I purchased a Black Cherry Balsamic vinegar for use with the ducks and geese that Hubby had successfully been hunting.  Duck breast marinated in just the vinegar was wonderful.  I also picked up some Italian Seasoned Olive Oil.   Seasoned with Sun Dried Tomato and various Italian spices, it's taste is reminiscent of bread dipping oil.  Sarah asked what I was going to do with it - and I picked up a recipe for roasted tomato and pepper soup that they had on the shelf.  While I used it as a guide rather than an actual recipe, it was wonderful and will be shared later.  In addition, I used it for the following:

  • Sauteing garlic and arborio rice for a rabbit risotto.
  • Brushing dinner rolls with the oil and grilling to eat along with soup.
  • Roasting vegetables for the tomato and pepper soup.
Try the, and try a variety of the oils and vinegars, you'll be glad you did.

No comments :

Post a Comment