2 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
2 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
3 Large Eggs
2 Tbl grated orange zest
2 Tsp Orange Extract
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
1 Cup Milk, Soured
8 Ounce Cream Cheese, softened
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cup confectioners’ sugar, Or -To Taste
1. Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, 1 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, baking soda and salt until
3. In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat eggs, orange zest and orange extract until blended. Beat in
remaining 1 cup sugar. Beat in oil, then buttermilk, until blended.
4. On low speed, beat in flour mixture just until blended. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin
5. Bake 25 to 28 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to
6. Frosting: Beat cream cheese and vanilla in a medium bowl with mixer on low speed to blend. Add
confectioners sugar and beat until fluffy. Refrigerate until firm enough to spread.
7. Spread about 1 Tbsp frosting on each cupcake.