Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 28, 2013

Baltimore Peach Cake

While looking for canning recipes, I stumbled onto the Larriland Farm website.  While there, I found their Baltimore Peach Cake Recipe.  I had a shelf full of ripe peaches and thought why not?  Glad I tried it, it was so good we gave sections away.  Although it has been brought to my attention that, if sharing, I should not just sent one large piece.  Two pieces, individually wrapped, would help ensure that each member in a couple gets to try it.



One note of caution:  If your peaches are VERY ripe, this will be a 'wet bottom' cake from all of the peach juice.  I baked for35 minutes.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 3 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup sugar, mixed with:
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 5 large peaches, peeled & sliced
  • 2 tablespoon butter, melted

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350oF. with electric mixer, blend first five ingredients. Spread in greased and floured 15×10″ jelly roll pan. Sprinkle half of cinnamon/sugar mixture lightly over dough base. Arrange peach slices by rows on top of base. Sprinkle with remainder of cinnamon/sugar mixture and drizzle melted butter over all. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment