Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 30, 2013

Baked Acorn Squash

I received a beautiful acorn squash in my CSA box and wanted to do a simple, classic, easy lunch with it. 

Heat oven to 400 degrees. 

Step one, cut it in half.  Remove the stem and set it on that side.  Cut with a sharp knife.


Remove the seeds,  score the flesh of the squash.

Rub the inside of the squash with 1 to 2 Tbl of salted butter in each half (depends on the size of your squash.  Add 1 to 2 Tbl brown sugar to each half of the buttered squash.

Drizzle 1 tsp of maple syrup in each half.  Put into a cake pan with about 1 inch of boiling water in the bottom.




Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until soft.  



Cool slightly, remove from skin and mash, keeping any buttery mix and adding it to the mash. 

No comments :

Post a Comment