Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Oct 1, 2013

Unstuffed Pepper Soup


Peppers from a CSA, ground beef and beef stock after purchasing a cow....what else to make other than soup.  I used Hungarian and bell peppers,  but you can use any peppers you like.

2 lb Lean Ground Beef
3 cups Chopped Green Peppers
32 ounces Beef Stock
29 ounces Tomato Sauce
1 Tbl Oregano
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic
1 tsp Black Pepper
Salt to taste
1 1/2 cup Rice, Cooked.

In a dutch oven, brown the ground beef. 













When cooked, remove and drain.  To the fat rendered from the beef, cook the spices until fragrant.  Add the peppers and saute until soft. 


Add beef, beef stock and tomato sauce, cook until heated.

Add the cooked rice and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment