Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Oct 16, 2013

Honeyed Fig Jam with Walnuts

Recently, a friend called to ask if I would like to go pick figs.  Always one for new things, I said 'Sure, Why Not?"  Next up, what to do with figs.  I never cooked with figs, so I tried several options.  First, I made a plain fig jam - Fruit, Pectin, Sugar - cook, stir, jar, boil, done.  It was good, kind of like Strawberry.  Next up, I made this.  Honeyed figs are good, add some finely chopped walnuts, voila, tasty jam.


You'll Need:

5 1/2 Cups Figs - I peeled and removed most pith, but that was personal preference
3 Cups Honey
3 Tbl Lime Juice
1 Pouch Liquid Pectin
1.5 Cups Finely Chopped Walnuts


In a large saucepan, combine figs, honey and lemon juice. 

Bring to a rolling boil.  Add pectin and boil one minute, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat, Stir in walnuts, cool for 10 minutes.  Stir to combine, ladle into jars.

Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes (adjusting as necessary for altitude).

No comments :

Post a Comment