Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 3, 2013

Picante Sauce

I wanted to make a chicken marinade with picante sauce, but I didn't have any.  I also didn't have any salsa that I could puree, but I did have a garden full of tomatoes and chili peppers.  What could I do?  Make something else or make picante.  I made my version of picante, and here it is:

2 lbs tomatoes (I used Roma tomatoes)
1/4 cup minced yellow onion
1/2 cup minced chili peppers with seeds
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds with a melon baller.

Place all ingredients into a saucepan and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
Puree with a stick blend and continue to cook until thickened.
Store in an airtight jar in refrigerator until serving.



No comments :

Post a Comment