Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 30, 2013

Dorothy Thomas Three Bean Salad

Family Friday Four in a row.  This week, a side dish.  This is an incredibly easy three bean salad.  The directions called for frozen beans, but I could not find frozen wax beans, so I used canned.

As written:

1 pkg frozen green beans
1 pkg frozen wax beans
1 can kidney beans (drained)

Cook the frozen beans, add to kidney beans. Add 1 thinly sliced onion, separated into rings.

Since I could not find frozen wax beans, I used 1 14.5 ounce cans of each type of bean, rinsed and drained. I also ommitted the onion entirely.

The recipe provided two dressings, I prepared using the following:

1/2 cup oil (I used olive oil)
1/2 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano

Mix together and pour over beans.  Refrigerate for 24 hours.

You can use any kind of beans.  I (D. Thomas), like lima beans or canned butter beans.

When I made this, I used 4 cans of beans- Green, waxed, lima and butter.

No comments :

Post a Comment