Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 15, 2013

Kebabs with Dilled Slaw and Yogurt

  Woman's Day was batting 1,000 in July 2013.  Next from their magazine - Kebabs with cabbage, carrot and pickle slaw.  Hubby really likes dill pickles and it was the dill in the slaw that first caught my eye.  I will admit that the greek yogurt on the pita seemed very different, but I couldn't keep my blog TRY and like if I weren't willing to try, right.  The yogurt was perfect on these pitas.  Highly recommend the recipe (minus the onion, of course).  I made it with the beef option.  I also used a 14 ounce bag of slaw mix to make it even easier.  The original recipe can be found at
http://www.womansday.com/recipefinder/kebabs-cabbage-carrot-pickle-slaw-recipe-wdy0713?click=recipe_sr.


2 small dill pickles, halved and thinly sliced
1 Tbl rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbl olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
14 ounce bag of cole slaw
1 1/2 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tsp dried oregano
4 pieces flat bread
Greek Yogurt



Start your grill so you can get to a moderate temp - about 375.

Whisk together pickle brine, vinegar, sugar, 1 Tbl oil, salt and pepper.  Pour over the cole slaw mix, toss to combine.  

Add the pickles, then stir.

In another bowl, add the beef, remaining oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Toss to coat.  Thread onto skewers.

Grill, turning occasionaly, until beef reached desired doneness.  Grill the flatbread 1 minute per side as the beef finishes up.

Spread the pitas with yogurt, top with a layer of slaw then top with the beef.  Fold and enjoy

No comments :

Post a Comment