Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 8, 2013

Beef Satay Skewers

Recently, we opted to purchase the hind quarter of a cow to share with our niece and nephew.  I have been looking for new recipes to use - half of a hind quarter is A LOT of beef.  I found a recipe titled Fiery Beef Satay Skewers on the Family Time website, I had to make minor changes due to an onion allergy.  To find the original, click here.  I used Bookbinder's Stone Ground Dijon Mustard.



2 Lbs Sirloin, cut into cubes
4 Bell peppers, cut into 8 pieces each
1/2 Cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup honey
2 Tbl Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tbl Minced Garlic


Put cubed sirloin in a large bowl. 

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (Except Bell peppers). 

Put 1/2 cup of this mixture in a small bowl or cup, cover and refrigerate.   Pour remaining liquid over beef and let marinade at least four hours. 

Soak wooden skewers OR get your fire wire.  Thread beef onto skewers, alternating with peppers.

Prepare gill until 350 to 400 degrees.  Grill kebabs for 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare, basting at least twice with reserved sauce.

No comments :

Post a Comment