Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 2, 2013

Black Bean and Corn (Salsa) Soup

A few years ago, my friend Mary Ann shared a black bean and corn salsa recipe with me.  It is one of Hubby's favorites.  I was looking for an option for supper and while Hubby would eat just this salsa for a meal, I wanted soup.  So, I played with mixtures until I came up with this.  I like to use hot salsa, but you may use your preference, even omit the chili pepper, if you don't like much spice.  If you don't have a stick blender, carefully puree in a blender.  Goes great with cornbread or topped with tortilla chips.

2 Tbl Olive Oil
2 Tbl Minced Garlic
3 Cups Tomatoes - quartered
1 Cup Bell Pepper
2 Chili Peppers - Minced
1/2 Cup Salsa
15 Ounce Black Beans, rinsed and drained
6 ears corn, cooked and removed from the cob
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Cilantro
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Heat the olive oil and cook the garlic until fragrant.  Stir in tomatoes, bell pepper, chili peppers and salsa.  Cook until tomatoes are soft, puree with a stick blender.  Add black beans, corn, lime juice, cumin and cilantro.  Cook until heated through.

No comments :

Post a Comment