Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 7, 2013

Grilled Pork Chops and Vegetables

I found the beginning of this recipe in Women's Day Magazine, and you can find the original here.  I didn't want leftovers, so this is a dish for two, with other minor changes.  I am grateful that Women's day published tihs recipe the week I received my first CSA eggplant.  I used half of the eggplant in the vegetable mix and used the other half to make an eggplant dip.  I used a roasted tomato olive oil for additional flavor in the vegetables.





  2 Bone In Pork Chops                                            1 Small Zucchini, halved lengthwise
  1 Tsp Kosher salt                                                   1 Small Eggplant, Quartered
  1 Tsp Pepper                                                         2 Tbl olive oil
  1 Cup mini peppers (any color), halved                    2 Tbl store-bought pesto, plus more for serving
                                                                             -

Heat the grill to medium-high. Season the pork with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.

Brush the peppers, zucchini, and eggplant with the oil. Grill the pork until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Grill the vegetables until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side.  Cut the grilled vegetables into 1 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the pesto and toss to coat. 


Serve the pork with the vegetables and additional pesto, if desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment