Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 23, 2013

Dorothy Thomas Meatloaf

I found two recipes for meatloaf in the recipes my mother in law shared with me.  This one was the most heavily used.  On the recipe card, it is attributed to Mary P.  When I talked to my mother in law, she told me that Mary was a neighbor and friend of the family. 

2 lbs ground beef
2 Tbl Horseradish
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup milk
2 cups bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
3/4 cup onion
1/4 cup green pepper
2 eggs

400 degrees, 35 minutes

That is it, everything that was on the recipe card.  Here is some additional detail:

I only used 1/4 cup onion due to allergies.

This makes a LARGE meat loaf, so to get it to cook in that time frame, you should divide it between two pans or cook it in a large, flat pan, such as a round cake pan.

No comments :

Post a Comment