Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 16, 2013

Dorothy Thomas Meatballs

I am still working through the recipes that my mother in law gave me.  This week, her mother's meatballs.  The recipe card acually says "Betty Crocker Meat Balls", so they are from Betty Crocker.  The recpie card has just the ingredients, no cooking instructions, so I will include what I did.  I used 2 Tbl onion due to an onion allergy.



1 1/2 lbs ground beef
3/4 cup bread crumbs (I used panko)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbl chopped parsley
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 egg (I used large)
1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)

Mix all ingredients.  Make into balls - mine were about 2 inches.  I then fried them and added them to spaghetti.  Leftovers?  No problem, cook them with some sauce and make sandwiches.

No comments :

Post a Comment