Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 2, 2013

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie

Most years, our small group makes homemade apple butter.  Since this process began, I have discovered many uses for apple butter.  Hubby heard about making pumpkin pies with apple butter.  I tried it, I liked it, thought I should share.

For two 9 inch pies (I use deep dish), you'll need:

2 Cups Apple Butter
2 Cups Pureed Pumpkin
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg (if using jarred, use 1 Tsp)
1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
6 Large Eggs
12 Ounce Can Evaporated Milk
2 Unbaked Pie Shells

Put the pie shells into the pans and refrigerate.

Turn the oven to 425 degrees.

Whisk eggs.

Add evaporated milk and whisk together.

Add Spices and Sugar, mix well.


Add pumpkin, whisk until just mixed.


Add apple butter, whisk until WELL combined and pour into pie shells.

Bake for 40 minutes or until set.

No comments :

Post a Comment