Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 11, 2013

Coconut Pecan Pie

Old fashioned pie with a twist...coconut and pecan.  I used coconut powder entirely because that is what I had.  You can use shredded coconut or a mix of shredded and powder.


9 Inch Pie Shell, unbaked
1 Cup White Corn Syrup
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Melted Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/3 Tsp Salt
3 Large Eggs
3/4 Cup Coconut
3/4 Cup Pecans

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Put pie shell into pan and put into refrigerator.

Combine syrup and sugar, mix well.

Add salt, vanilla and butter, mix well.

Add eggs, stir until well combined.

Pour into pie shell.

Sprinkle coconut over all.

Top with pecans.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment