Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 29, 2013

Brown Sugar Angel Food Cake

I offered to make a friend a brown sugar angel food cake.  I could not find my recipe, but I found this recipe on about.com.  It is a delightfully good recipe.


Ingredients:

  • 10 egg whites at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar -- divided
  • 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour

Preparation:

Beat egg whites and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl on high just until foamy. 

Add cream of tartar and salt. Beat until soft peaks form. (Soft peaks will curl over slightly.) 


Press 1 cup of brown sugar through a wire mesh sieve the sprinkle over the egg white mixture. 


Beat until stiff peaks form.

Sift together remaining sugar and cake flour. 
Gently fold the sugar and flour mixture into the egg white mixture a little at a time. Pour into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. 

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Invert pan and cool completely. Loosen the cake from the sides with a knife or narrow metal spatula.

No comments :

Post a Comment