Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 15, 2014

Like Tea? Get Steepster Select



I have recently discovered a service called Steepster Select.  This is a subscription that sends a variety of teas each month.  You can sign up for one month, three months or twelve months.  I wasn't sure if I would like the service, so I started with three months.

I am traditionally a black tea drinker.  I don't often find other teas that I like, but my first box changed that quickly.  When I first opened the box, I found a draw string bag holding my teas (get it - they are shipped in a large tea bag).  Within the bag was a nice card outlining the contents of the bag.  I knew I was getting tea, I was pleasantly surprised by the tea bags included in the package.

First, the tea bags.  I use a tea ball, but the bags were useful for some of the smaller teas that even fell through the mesh of the tea ball.  They are compostable and can be put right in your compost bin - tea and all.

Next, the packaging.  The card had a nice description of each tea.  The pouches the tea was in included amount to use, time to steep and number of times to reuse.  I did attempt to reuse, but I like my tea strong enough to melt a spoon, so my steep times were much longer than listed and I could only get one additional brew out of a tea.  This was in no way a tea problem but a me problem.


Finally, the teas themselves.  White Peony?  Really?  It was delicious.  As was the Earl Grey, Summer Apricot Ceylon and Roobios.  Sencha with Matcha was best made with the supplied tea bags but it was not my cup of tea.  Yes, I know you groaned.  That's okay, so did I.

I have not received payment for writing this review, I just wanted to share this wonderful new service.  I have been given a referral link, so if you would like to try Steepster Select, You can get $10 off when you click here to sign up! http://steepster.com/select/refer/5CDhWvS2

No comments :

Post a Comment